Once I stood in the night
With my head bowed low
In the darkness as black as could be
And my heart felt alone and I cried oh Lord
Don't hide your face from me
Hold my hand all the way, every hour every day
Come here to the great unknown
Like a king I may live in a palace so tall
With great riches to call my own
But I don't know a thing
In this whole wide world
That's worse than being alone
New song I'm infatuated with, best sung (personal opinion) by the Peasall sisters. The other current song of infatuation is Good Man, by Josh Ritter. I'd probably marry it if you could marry songs, but Claire pointed out that if that was possible, knowing my love for music I would probably cheat on that song with another song, so it's good that you can't marry songs.
I have some growing up to do. I just think that's a fair overall statement. Maybe it's more that I just know there's a lot of growing that needs to be done, or that I desire to do. Good thing growing never stops, since things are always changing and the world is so huge. I never want to stop learning. I never want to think that people are uninteresting. I never want to forget the glorious nature of new discoveries. I never want to take for granted the gifts I've been given or the fact that Jesus is my Savior.
I want to be more passionate about the things I do. I want to treat my days with more urgency. I want to be genuine with everyone I meet. I want to take the time to enjoy the little things, and invite people to do that with me. I want to have decent, full of depth and substance, thoughtful conversations. I want to challenge my brain, whether that's with controversial issues or that glorious game of Scrabble. I want to play more music, and play more music well. I want to know how to encourage others well. I want to be able to empower others well. I want to ask the challenging questions that make other people think, but not be defensive. I want to be less influenced by movies and music, but still want to fall in love like they do. I want everyone to realize how glorious life is and the possibilities that are out there.
That's a lot of wants. Glad to have a God who knows my needs, since I don't think I know what those are. This entry is more personal than updative (yes I just made up that word), so for those of you wondering what's going down in Pullman, here you go:
A) The INN rocks my socks. We're planning an awesome worship evening for April.
B) God's Harmony, the Gospel Choir I joined, is awesome. I love singing with these people.
C) I don't want to think about the fact that I have a little over a month left here, because that is depressing. My host family is the best, and the students here are phenomenal.
D) It's snowing all the time. But I think my new favorite weather (quite possible, although sunny and humid is probably still at #1) is having it lightly snow while it is sunny. It just feels weird in that perfect kind of way.
E) I hate the fact that grad schools have paperwork you have to fill out. Can't they just read my mind or something ...
F) Game nights are the best. We played Signs for well over 2hrs, I'm pretty sure. Can you believe that technically counts as work for me?
G) Do I really have to leave this place? Can I bring everyone with me?
H) Sorry I don't have any pictures. As of late I've enjoyed drinking things in with my eyes, rather than my camera lens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
humid and sunny?! gross. maybe you should move to San Antonio.
Post a Comment