Sunday, April 6, 2008

Just Hangin'.

Only mere weeks left - literally 3 INN's and 1 BBQ until this year is over. But still so much in between! This last weekend was a blast, Cougar Idol was on Friday night, an event WSU puts on, much like American Idol in which contestants battle with talent for the title of Cougar Idol. Also like American Idol in that some people got eliminated who shouldn't have been, therefore bad judging ... but I won a $25 gift card to The Bookie! So hooray for door prizes!! I think I'll buy some board games or a canvas. The options are really endless!! Is it weird that those are the two things I think up first? I also had some good down time watching Roman Holiday, a classic, as well as the original My Neighbor Totoro, also a classic, and purchased on VHS for $1.50. Palouse Treasures, I'm tellin' ya, second hand stores are the best.

I think I'm feeling a little burnt out. But heres the thing, can you really be burnt out doing ministry if you're really leaning on God throughout the entire process? Look at it this way, God gives great guidelines in how to practice ministry, and really if I follow those guidelines (which include lifestyle choices, habits and relational things) I will probably lead a healthy life. If I overstretch myself in different ways, I am not following the God guidelines, and therefore am unhealthy. And on top of that, I know from experience in Ireland on Deputation, that God gives you strength when you need it the most - strenght in my weakness. I don't know how He does it, but having energy and strength after working at youth camps for 5 weeks in a foreign country does not come from my 'inner' self or whatever. That is an external blessing I more than happily attribute to God. So, thank you God. This brings me to two conclusions:
A) I'm not fully following these Godly guidelines (and maybe that's a matter of re-studying them)
B) I'm not fully leaning on God for strength and energy
So, I'll work on those things. And I'll stop just hangin' around.

No comments: