Sunday, April 13, 2008

"It's been a long time comin' but now, the snow is gone"

Have you met my family? Please meet Alex, Mae and Toby. They're pretty much awesome.Nothing like a weekend of 70 degree weather to put you in the mood for some backyard jumping pics. This along with Mom's weekend (= WORST traffic in Pullman EVER), pruning rose bushes, afternoon tea, worship practice and my gospel choir concert, I'd have to say it's been pretty busy.

Up next: Worshipalooza. I think that's how you'd spell it. Thursday evening we're trying to put on a night of worship, honest to goodness I can only hope it will be as amazing as I imagine it will be. I can't believe it's already this week - I kept on having to keep up with the students helping to put it on, and now it finally approacheth ... My friend Amanda and I are going (to try) to lead some songs which will be fun because I realize I'm on a teeter totter of sorts with worship team envy - I'd love to be on one, but at the same time feel I would be drawn away from actually worshiping. I just LOVE playing music with other people. And we sounded good on Friday when we practiced. So prayers please that this puzzle fits together nicely. I see some trips to the dollar store, and possible yanking out of my hair at certain moments, but all should go well.
Friends (my use of this word is the direct effect of working with Claire), take up an instrument. Not for the sake of others but for your own benefit. I do not play the guitar so that others may hear me, nor tickle the keys to impress my peers. It is such a blessing to de-stress on an instrument and just enjoy the music made possible by chords, keys, quarter notes and treble clefs. I can't imagine what pleasure would come from actually knowing how to bang around on a drum kit, I only swoon at the very idea.

1 comment:

I am Kate Maxwell said...

i too swoon at that thought...