Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Window of Opportunity ...

Really, the title is about the fact that we put in a new window downstairs in my living area. I call it that because I pretty much have a bedroom, bathroom, and small living room. Anyway, I got to swing a hammer a bit which is always a plus, and no one was injured/nothing broken, another plus. But at the same time, the imagery of this window has also got me thinking about what's next around the corner, and what the internship I'm doing now is helping me to visualize down the road. You know, a sort of window into what I might do later on.

As it happens I'm pretty heavily considering seminary after I do this internship, unless I do another year of internship somewhere, but seminary is more or less in the near future. I've talked to quite a few people about Princeton, which is interesting because a lot of UPC-ers have gone there for Seminary, yet none can really tell me a solid reason they went there besides the fact that is was very affordable at the time, and therefore first on their unresearched list. I talked with Duane Morris who teaches apologetics before I left, and he mentioned Talbot in California, which sounds highly interesting as well. All in all, I still don't have a clear vision of what I want to do after seminary, and am therefore struggling a little to choose what I'd want to focus on IN seminary, and thus I do not know which school I should pursue. Probably both, we'll see. Anyone with any advice or suggestions, just let me know.

As for Pullman, the week has been good, and the weather has been crazy. We actually had a thunderstorm on friday, which was pretty exciting, except for the fact that I was caught offguard clothing-wise, but at least wasn't really caught in the storm. The power went out in some parts of town, but luckily not at one of our student's places in which we were having a movie night (yes, of course it included Bride and Prejudice) and practicing the moves to a high school musical song. We are dynamite. And as for this lovely Labor Day weekend, I love the relaxing atmosphere that occurs on the weekends! I don't really do that much, but get to do arts and crafts at my leisure, and watch movies. Anyone seen 'A Streetcar Named Desire'? Because it's crazy, and Vivian Leigh is crazy. But libraries are great, which is where I got it (same day as I got my Pullman library card!) as well as a few other good movies. Bottom line - I like Pullman. And movies. Speaking of which I saw Superbad, hilarious/vulgar/hilarious. And rewatched the Three Amigos, HILARIOUS/classic.

1 comment:

I'm Ashley said...

SUPERBAD IS SUPER GOOD.

I've never been so appalled by a movie before, and yet, I've never laughed till I've been in horrible pain during a movie before.

Seminary, huh? Dude, call me.