Monday, September 17, 2007

Oh to be an Arrowsmith ...

My sister has lost her name. Well, not so much lost it as embedded it further into the middle part of her name or something. If anything she just made her whole name longer. Okay, long story short, she got married. My dad labeled it as a compex ceremonial process which occured on the 15th, but I like my version better. I just don't see why we have to give up our awesome last name of Arrowsmith during the marriage process. No offense to Nathan, but Bales? Really, we should have voted on it or something. Oh well.


As for the actual wedding, SO MUCH FUN. Although I didn't use my camera once. But my dad did, and he had front row seating for most of the events, so he got some pretty good shots, don't you think? I don't think I got to have any breakfast that day, thus the hand in the bag of chips, and weddings wouldn't be weddings without your favorite stuffed animal! I really like the dresses, and they are totally useable for events later on. Since everyone else has decided to get married. Did someone put chemicals in the water or something ...


Anyway, I think the best part was getting to see so many wonderful people all gathered together in one place. My favorite relatives that I never get to see! I guess that's the problem when you spread across the country. But it was so wonderful to get to talk to them, especially after I've been in contact with them about my internship this year. That's really been one of the most encouraging things - I sent out my support letter with my graduation announcements, and made the executive decision to not censor sending the letter to only the members/family friends who I believe are somewhat religious. It went to everyone. And it has only blessed me! Everyone is so encouraging, and even excited about the path I have chosen so far, and it feels really unifying. I also entered into this weekend figuring I'd put any thoughts of seminary on hold until after the weekend was over, but was actually fed more information about it through random interactions with people. I've also been able to chat a bit with the female pastor here at Pullman Pres and it has been really encouraging. I found out this summer that I am very much a verbal processor when it comes to thoughts and ideas, and talking with her about my love for ministry and experiences in it has really helped confirm that calling in my life. But I always still feel a little aprehensive to say I've been called into it because I feel like that makes it sound like I'm putting myself up on a pedistal. But really it just means it's something that I'm extremely passionate about, and all parts of my life seem to come together in this greater idea of it. Make sense? Anyway, my musings have gone a little long this post, but needless to say I have had a very good week, and I am very thankful that my sister had a glorious celebration that brought everyone out. Plus I got a brother!! Woohoo! I think this last picture is hilarious too, thanks Daddy.


No comments: