Monday, September 10, 2007

What's that in the sky ...


Well looky looky. On of our students has his pilots license, and offered us a ride in the sky. I am NOT one to pass up a free flight!! It was so awesome! Here's a pic of Bill and Travis (our Pilot!) with the plane he took us up in. And then there's a highly attractive picture of me during a tight maneuver or something where we are basically flying sideways in a tight circle. AWESOME. Not as cool as the dive-bomb deals that easily beat out any roller coaster ride I've been on, but ya can't really capture that in a camera.


So needles to say, I've been having a pretty great time here. And meeting all sorts of fantastic women on this campus. I'm a little concerned that on first meeting people, I am able to make a fair amount of conversation simply on books, music, films and television shows, but hey, if you find something in common you go with it, right? All I know is I'm very close to getting to watch the entire season of The Office, and this may or may not include root beer floats. It doesn't really get any better.

If some of you are still not convinced that Pullman can have an up-side, and the flying in the plane doesn't convince you, how about free concerts? Yeah I was surprised too - Moscow actually has quite a good rep for having live music in town, and last night they had a block party type deal which included a free concert by Sanctus Real. Pretty fun, and reminiscent of what I enjoy back in Seattle anyway. Plus the Pullman library is pretty good for entertainment (plus it's free, and again, you know me and free). I finally got to see Wordplay, and I Heart Huckabees, which I actually quite enjoyed, unlike the reviews I heard from some of my friends.

Oh, and by the way, MY SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED ON SATURDAY. I know, crazy huh? Well, that also means I'll be in town later this week, so if you want to hang out a little and haven't let me know yet, let me know. I'll see what I can do. But honestly I can't believe she's getting married. Although part of me isn't convinced it will make anything seem much different, she already lives far away, and we talk sporadically on the phone, I just can't believe she has to give up the last name. That is going to be a HARD one to deal with. I may consider having my husband take mine instead. But I guess I'd have to find a potential for a husband first to tackle that issue. Anyway, marriage = crazy. But I suppose it has it's blessings too.


And these last two are just for comedic relief. Toby, with his favorite bumpy moon toy that is all too familiar with his toothless gums and drool, and the Taco Time in town that advertises itself as a wireless hot spot. I cannot say that I have ever considered going their for their wireless, but now ...




No comments: