What a week! I think I meant to update before now, but here we go! We had our first INN of the year on Tuesday, and it was a blast. I had such a great time! I was kind of nervous coming into it because I was doing the witness that evening for students to get to know me, and helping with the powerpoint slides and things for when the INN is happening. It is a very different experience when you are helping to run the show! I was doing the slides during worship, and almost forgot to change them with each verse because I was singing along not thinking about the fact that I'M the one who changes them. It's tough! Anyway, we showed a sweet video of me getting used to Pullman, which a lot of the students thought was good, and to be honest it was fun to make.
I was able to meet quite a few students too, mostly just the student leadership team, but a few others as well. I counted almost 90 students to be there during Claire's talk. Rumor has it there were a lot of new faces, and we were missing many of our regulars - the hectic nature of the first week back can easily cause some to forget. I'm excited to meet with some freshman/newcomers this week, and also start putting together core groups (Bible studies) for the year. Anyway it feels good to have that first INN done with, and to be more familiar with what my weeks might look like. I really feel at home here, and that this is where I'm supposed to be, which is a great comfort!
This weekend we had our student leadership retreat, w

hich was SO much fun. We headed out to
Coeur D'Alene, Idaho to stay at a cabin that is owned by one of our student's families. It was so nice! Right on the lake! We had some free time Saturday to do some swimming and boating which was perfect. And the rest of the time we spent talking about the book The Master Plan of Evangelism (great stuff, really recommend it) and discussing their mission statement for the year. These students are so great, and I'm really excited to see what we get up to this year! The pictures I've attached are of some of the scenery in Idaho and Pullman. We stopped by a house that had some guns for sale out of their garage, and the other pic is just to give an idea of some of the scenery I am now used to. It's actually pretty nice, and the sunsets are amazing! Come out and take a look for yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment