Saturday, August 18, 2007

1 week down, ??? to go ...

Congratulations - I've made it a week! The 'P' in Pullman doesn't stand for 'poisonous' as some of you may have thought. Or for Pool, that starts with P and rhymes with T which stands for trouble ... but let's keep The Music Man out of this one.

The first week has been so great! As I said previously, my host family is absolutely amazing. And SUCH good cooks. Well, basically Mae loves making delicious things, and I am all about trying each and every one of them. Plus they have their own garden which makes for fresh delicious things. Yum.

The transit experience has been good so far - sort of a rocky start since I tried to catch it on the 14th, and it didn't actually start running until the 16th ... Bill had to pick me up from the bus stop when I finally realized this. It's not written in the take-away brochure, just nicely posted at the stop. Course I didn't look at that until after I'd been sitting there for about 10 minutes ...

As for office work, it's been a mixture of getting my wireless to work, putting together the INN's bulletin, and odd jobs around the church. But we also took some time to put together a INNtro (hahahehehe) video for me at the first INN. This required a trip to Ferdinands, which I was not opposed to at all. SO delicious.

And as for Pullman itself, today and yesterday was the National Lentil Festival! Yes, that does mean a giant vat of lentil chili, a parade, with bagpipes, and free cotton candy. It in no way compares to the St. Patrick's Day Parade that I experienced in March, but I don't think one ever will. If you're curious, ask me about it. Anyway, free food is always a good ploy to get me to go somewhere, so the free Chili and Cotton Candy were great. PLUS yesterday evening I watched High School Musical 2 at Bill's apartment, which was fantastic, and a GREAT way to end the week. Not to mention, look! Spongebob has braces! About time he fixed that gap in his teeth.

1 comment:

Andrew Ferguson said...

I'm officially asking you about the St. Patrick's Day Parade that you experienced in March.