Monday, August 13, 2007

This is Toby.

I arrived in Pullman Saturday evening, and what a great welcome! Bill, Claire and I left Seattle around 11am and after a quick stop in Spokane to pick up a bed, we headed out to Pullman and arrived at about 5:30/6. My host family greeted us at the door, with a wonderful meal already prepared!

The host family I have been blessed with is amazing. They are Alex, Mae, and Toby, the 5 month old pictured here. So far I've really just gotten used to my new room, unpacked a few things, and seen the church. I've gotten around town just a little, and went to go get ... sit down now ... my cougar card. Yeah, I have to put it in my wallet, it's a little painful, but it makes riding the bus free, and you know how much I appreciate free things.

So I'm attempting the transit-tion (get it? transit transition? ahhh, yeah the puns did not stay in Seattle) tomorrow, and we'll see if I get lost or not. I'm betting on not, but there are a lot of hills around here, and I don't exactly know which is which. On Sunday one of our students asked me where my host family lives, and I replied with an uncomfortable 'I ... don't ... know ...'

So that's it for now, I'm getting more of an idea of what my days and weeks will look like, but I probably won't really know what they'll be like until they happen, so I'll probably post another update next week after our first INN. Thanks for your prayers, and once again, I'm really REALLY excited. Plus I had Ferdinand's ice cream today, and let's face it, so far Pullman is delicious.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Be careful... they are cougars!!!

I'm Ashley said...

Great to hear you still have your puns; you wouldn't be you if you didn't have them. Miss ya!