I love music. I love dancing. So naturally I love musicals. Thus the quote from '
Hairspray'. Winter Retreat fulfilled quite a bit of those areas, in that the worship music was fantastic, and we had a dance party on Saturday night. I mean the rest of the retreat was amazing as well, but as I have found that I'm pretty influenced by music in my life, it was simply fabulous in that respect. But really, what a great weekend. It was an experience for sure - a melding of my current ministry and past ministry - a weird spot to be in because I want to connect with old friends but also make it a memorable experience for current students from WSU. It was overall fantastic, being able to introduce my students to friends from UW, and see the cross cultural interaction. Alright alright, not in your average cross cultural experience, but it really is if you think about it.

It's also weird coming back from a retreat - technically I worked all weekend, but does it feel like work? Not so much. But perhaps that's because I'm doing something I love - I mean I'm going to want to enjoy my job no matter what I do. Is that a high expectation to have? It seems to fit so far. I just have to make sure I separate life from work sometimes - which is extra hard here because even having fun outside of normal work is still hanging out with students, they just also happen to be my friends. Does this sound complicated? Moving on ...
As part of my job this past weekend, we did a broomball event. Yes, again, I love my job. But here's the kicker - we had about 20 people show up to be a part of this! Took me by surprise. Here's why. I decided to make it an event on Monday, advertised it at the INN Tuesday, and it took place Saturday. Seemingly short notice. I always have people asking me 'who's going to be there' or saying 'I don't know I might be busy' but there was just something about Broomball that I just had to make it happen. I mean, I've really only played this sport with Jr. Highers before, what oh what would it be like with adults?! (or almost adults ... and it's really just the same as playing with Jr. Highers, only probably hurts more ... ). So I'm basically overwhelmed with happiness that so many people picked up on it and came out for Broomball! Perhaps I set my expectations a little low on this one, but it does leave me feeling pretty good in the end, so low expectations here I come! A couple bruises, broken toenail and solid hour of fun on the rink later, what a great time. Just having fun. Hanging out. Hitting some people in the shins. What could be better?

And please, can someone turn the snow off? It's really making things difficult.
1 comment:
you are ridiculous. and i miss you lots.
Post a Comment