Saturday, October 27, 2007

Well, it's been a while. So this could get juicy. Perhaps I should separate it into themes?

Theme Song:
Oh my goodness. I cannot express how music continually affects me, but it has made a huge impact on me in the last week. I don't even know how to go through the round-about details of how I found this song, but Shadowfeet, by Brooke Fraser? Phenomenal. It makes me wish that I could write/sing/play like that, but then it also makes me think - there are so many fantastic songs out there that I haven't even heard of! (The Glory of Your Name, and Knees to the Earth by Watermark for starters ... I visited iTunes a little this week, which is funny if you follow the instructions under the 'Thematic Vowels' section.)

Theme Park:
I don't really live that far away from the Church. Well, really, it's probably just a little bit shorter of a walk than it would be for me to walk from my home in Seattle to UPC, I just never do it. But last week the days were too gorgeous. The colors on the trees left me speechless. Just take a look!
Sports Theme:
Well, if you know me, then you know I'm not really a sports fan. But I'll totally pretend and even have a good time if I get a free ticket. So that being said, I did indeed attend a Cougar Football game. I had to leave at half-time so that I could walk home in the daylight, but hey, it was fun while it lasted. I also got to see a Rugby match today as well! And frankly after watching rugby, football is stupid. And wussy. All that padding and time-outs. Whatever.
Theme Night:
OOOH we had a game night! Fantastic! We played "All In the Family" (maybe just called the name game? or the family game?) and "The Game" plus some Trivial Pursuit. It was fabulous. I'm also headed to a theme night tonight in preparation for Halloween, we'll see if there are pic's worth posting ...

Thematic Vowels:
I don't really know what those are ... I just wikipediad (new verb? like googled?) 'theme' for other suggestions, and there it was at the bottom. But the point is, I gave the talk at the INN last week, so perhaps you should listen and see if I used any .... first theinnatwsu.com , and then go to 'talks'. I'd love feedback. I was surprised at how much fun it was to write the talk, and how good it is to practice with Bill and Claire beforehand (as well as telling it to empty rooms a few times) to get rid of my nerves. It was fun! In any case, I think it was encouraging for steps toward seminary. I just need to get moving on those applications ....

No comments: